Carpet - Before Installation
SCHEDULE YOUR INSTALLATION
Your salesperson will schedule your installation based on an expected arrival date from the manufacturer. You may select a date that is convenient for you, but we cannot specify an exact time of day. We will do our best to meet your needs. If you need to reschedule please contact your salesperson or our installation department immediately.
PREPARING FOR YOUR INSTALLATION
Unless other arrangements have been made, the installers will be prepared to remove and replace most normal household furniture as required. We ask you to…
- Remove lamps, table decorations, accent pieces, etc.
- Remove antiques, lamps, computers and other items requiring special care.
- Remove bed linens
- Empty water beds
- Empty book cases, china cabinets, etc.
- Clean out closet floors and low hanging clothes
- Disconnect stereo systems, cable connections, alarm systems, and other electronic devices
- Arrange for removal of pianos, organs, grandfather clocks and pool tables. Small console pianos, organs and small pool tables can be moved for an extra charge and if specified on your order. We recommend you make arrangements with a professional mover for grand pianos, full sized pool tables etc.
Please be aware the following procedures are not included in our installation services unless noted on your order.
- Unforeseen Subfloor Prep- issues with subfloor cannot be detected, in most cases, until the existing flooring is taken up. If this occurs there may be an extra charge to fix the subfloor, making it satisfactory for installing your new floor covering.
- Cutting doors to clear new floor covering- Frequently, installation of new carpet or hard surface flooring will prevent doors from swinging or sliding freely. Contact your salesperson for the name and number of a qualified carpenter. This cost is responsibility of the customer.
- Disconnecting, not including cutting gas and water hookups- If included on your order as a separate charge, we will move your disconnected appliances but not be responsible for reconnecting.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting ice-makers- Beware, if your refrigerator has not been moved recently, stretching the ice-maker coils to move the refrigerator may create a leak.
- Asbestos removal- If removal of an existing floor containing asbestos should become necessary during our installation, you will have to arrange for this work to be done by a certified abatement specialist.
AFTER THE INSTALLATION
The following conditions mayexist immediately after installation and are normal…
- SEAMS- Seams will be professionally installed, but will NOT be invisible. Some materials hide seams better than others. Ask your salesperson where the seams will be placed
- SHEDDING-Your new carpet may shed small bits of fibers for up to six months. Do not be alarmed if your vacuum fills up quickly
- ROLL MARKS- You may see shaded areas or lines across the width of your new carpet. These result from the weight of the carpet resting on itself during storage. These marks will disappear in time with normal vacuuming and traffic. During the cold, dry months, these marks may be particularly stubborn. If roll marks are still visible after 90 days, please call our Customer Service Department at 614-846-4441.
- WOODWORK/BASEBOARDS- Our installers will be very careful to avoid damage to your baseboards and other woodwork while delivering and installing your floor covering. Some scuffing of woodwork may be unavoidable. We cannot be responsible for minor touch-up which may be required
- BUBBLES- Some bubbles may form under your new floor (most notably interflex products). This is normal and these bubbles should disappear within three weeks. If they persist beyond that, please contact our Customer Service Department.
- ALARMS-It is the customer’s responsibility to inform the installer of any hidden wires or contacts that may affect the security system. 4 Floors is not responsible for wires that may have been cut.